The fire battalion is the Army ROTC Program for the city of Chicago, with headquarters at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Our students attend their university classes at several 4-year universities in Metropolitan Chicago and Northwest Indiana. University Illinois at Chicago is the host school and the extention center schools are Illinois Institue of Technology, Robert Morris University, Chicago State University, Indiana University Northwest, and Purdue University Calumet. But you can also be part of the ROTC program by attending University of Chicago, Columbia College, Roosevelt University, St. Xaiver University, Northwood University, and Ressurection University College of Nursing, but you must attend your military class at University Illinois at Chicago. As a Cadet in Army ROTC, you will test your limits and learn what it means to be ARMY STRONG through training in leadership, tactics, national security, and effective communication.
On completion on your degree you will commisson as a second lieutenant into the United States Army where the real adventure starts. See future career options.
If you our interesting in joining ROTC becoming part of the greatest team you ever will have the opprotunity to then please visit our ‘How to Join’ page.
We are located at 728 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL, 60607-4920
- Cadet Command names top 10 cadets on the national Order of Merit List November 21, 2014
- Seven Army generals talk leadership with ROTC cadets November 14, 2014
- JROTC "Raider National" tests Cadets from across the country November 10, 2014
- JROTC Raider National compares to other extreme sport races November 10, 2014
- Cadet Command's former senior enlisted adviser retires after 32 years of service October 29, 2014