The Fire Battalion is the Army ROTC Program for the city of Chicago, with headquarters at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Our students attend their university classes at several 4-year universities in Metropolitan Chicago and Northwest Indiana. University of Illinois at Chicago is the host school and extension center schools include Illinois Institute of Technology, Robert Morris University, Chicago State University, Indiana University Northwest, and Purdue University Calumet. You can also be part of the ROTC program by attending The University of Chicago, Columbia College, Roosevelt University, St. Xaiver University, Northwood University, and Resurrection University College of Nursing, while attending your military class at University Illinois at Chicago. As a Cadet in Army ROTC, you will test your limits and learn what it means to be ARMY STRONG through training in leadership, tactics, national security, and effective communication.
On completion of your degree you will commission as a second lieutenant into the United States Army where the real adventure begins. See Career Path Page here.
If you are interested in joining the ROTC and becoming part of the greatest team that you will ever have the opportunity to serve then please visit our ‘How to Join’ page.
We are located at 728 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60607-4920
- Cadet Command and Fort Knox welcome new commander May 25, 2016
- Language school commandant speaks at ROTC commissioning at Berkeley May 17, 2016
- Cadets prepare for international experience through CULP program May 16, 2016
- Cadet summer training promises to be even more challenging for future officers May 16, 2016
- Wyche offers candid advice to Grambling cadets May 13, 2016