The Fire Battalion is the Army ROTC Program for the city of Chicago, with headquarters at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Our students attend their university classes at several 4-year universities in Metropolitan Chicago and Northwest Indiana. University Illinois at Chicago is the host school and the extension center schools are Illinois Institute of Technology, Robert Morris University, Chicago State University, Indiana University Northwest, and Purdue University Calumet. But you can also be part of the ROTC program by attending University of Chicago, Columbia College, Roosevelt University, St. Xaiver University, Northwood University, and Resurrection University College of Nursing, but you must attend your military class at University Illinois at Chicago. As a Cadet in Army ROTC, you will test your limits and learn what it means to be ARMY STRONG through training in leadership, tactics, national security, and effective communication.
On completion on your degree you will commission as a second lieutenant into the United States Army where the real adventure starts. See future career options.
If you our interesting in joining ROTC becoming part of the greatest team you ever will have the opportunity to then please visit our ‘How to Join’ page.
We are located at 728 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL, 60607-4920
- Army Reserve Medical Component is a driving force at Cadet Summer Training June 11, 2015
- Fort Carson Soldiers provide training to future Army officers June 8, 2015
- Army Reserve to support Cadet Summer Training June 5, 2015
- Cadet Command has a New Brigadier General June 5, 2015
- Army Reserve supports Cadet Summer Training June 5, 2015