How to Join
Fill out application below or Contact UIC Army ROTC Recruiting Team
High School Students
If you’re still in high school and you’re interested in enrolling in Army ROTC, you can find schools that carry an Army ROTC program or talk to your academic advisor. To be accepted into the ROTC program, you must first be accepted into the university. To apply for a four-year scholarship you can click here or visit our ‘Scholarships’ page for more information.
If you’re interested in enrolling in Army ROTC and you are in college, you can start by taking an Army ROTC basic elective course. If you have at least two or more years remaining toward your undergraduate degree, but not enough time to complete the Basic Course, you may be able to attend the Leaders Training Course during the summer, which will enable you to continue on with Advance 300 and 400-level Army ROTC courses.
Leader’s Training Course
This course is for those college students who want to complete Army ROTC training in two years. To qualify, you must complete a challenging and motivating 28-day training program at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
If you wish to take this route to enrollment please ask your campus Military Science department. See our ‘Cadre and Staff’ page.
If you are an Enlisted Soldier in the Army and interested in becoming an Officer, find out more about opportunities for Soldiers.
The Simultaneous Membership Program allows you to attend Army ROTC and serve in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard at the same time. It gives you an opportunity for additional training and experience. Cadets serve as Officer trainees in the Reserve or National Guard while completing college. You can earn Reserve/Guard pay and benefits in addition to your Army ROTC allowances. Visit our ‘Scholarships’ page for more information.
Green to Gold
The Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program is a two-year program which provides eligible, Active Duty enlisted Soldiers an opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree and be commissioned as an Army officer upon receiving the appropriate degree.
- Soldiers selected to participate in this program will continue to receive their current pay and allowances while in the program (up to a maximum of 24 consecutive months).
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits.
- Normal PCS entitlements
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and Practical Experience
- Mentorship of the PMS/APMS
For all Green to Gold options please visit the official page.
- Army ROTC Cadet Summer Training graduates last regiment for 2014 August 12, 2014
- Cadet Command welcomes new senior enlisted leader during change of responsibility ceremony July 25, 2014
- TRADOC commander shares metaphors, wisdom . . . and his rank July 23, 2014
- 2nd Regiment graduates from Army ROTC's Leader's Training Course July 14, 2014
- Army Chief of Staff visits ROTC Cadets at summer training July 11, 2014